- RSS Channel Showcase 3465775
- RSS Channel Showcase 2592124
- RSS Channel Showcase 9434921
- RSS Channel Showcase 8915038
Articles on this Page
- 03/03/15--12:39: _Chemical care: five...
- 04/22/15--07:45: _Report shows pestic...
- 05/07/15--06:56: _Pollinator project ...
- 05/11/15--07:30: _University sues lan...
- 06/05/15--08:53: _FMC offers Dismiss ...
- 06/23/15--07:58: _FMC touts higher ap...
- 06/23/15--08:54: _Proper pesticide st...
- 06/29/15--07:28: _Profile Products he...
- 07/02/15--12:05: _Manage landscapes t...
- 07/03/15--12:14: _American to head Ba...
- 07/14/15--14:17: _Workshop offers che...
- 07/16/15--13:17: _Impatiens strugglin...
- 07/17/15--11:12: _Bayer CropScience n...
- 07/20/15--08:27: _Man claims to be sp...
- 07/22/15--13:34: _Network of soil-tes...
- 08/06/15--12:02: _Ecolawn Applicator ...
- 08/12/15--11:39: _Bio-insecticide tar...
- 09/09/15--10:17: _Bayer offers guidan...
- 09/11/15--09:31: _Product promises to...
- 09/16/15--11:33: _Accidental use of w...
- 03/03/15--12:39: Chemical care: five tips for pre-emergent herbicides
- 04/22/15--07:45: Report shows pesticides may have larger effect on ecosystems
- 05/11/15--07:30: University sues landscaper
- 06/05/15--08:53: FMC offers Dismiss rebates as BioSafe Systems courts landscapers
- 06/23/15--07:58: FMC touts higher application efficiency of new herbicide formulation
- 06/23/15--08:54: Proper pesticide storage maintains effectiveness, ensures safety
- 06/29/15--07:28: Profile Products heralds quick results at erosion-control job
- 07/02/15--12:05: Manage landscapes to prevent damage from Japanese beetles
- 07/03/15--12:14: American to head Bayer unit developing products for landscapers
- 07/14/15--14:17: Workshop offers chemical-free ways to control invasives
- 07/16/15--13:17: Impatiens struggling back from systemic disease
- 07/17/15--11:12: Bayer CropScience names marketing chief for turf, ornamentals
- 07/20/15--08:27: Man claims to be sprayed with pesticides, sues landscaping company
- 07/22/15--13:34: Network of soil-testing laboratories is now Waypoint Analytical
- 08/06/15--12:02: Ecolawn Applicator introduces new top dressers, spreader
- 08/12/15--11:39: Bio-insecticide targets thrips, whiteflies in greenhouses
- 09/09/15--10:17: Bayer offers guidance on turf disease, weeds, insects
- 09/11/15--09:31: Product promises to improve soil, conserve water
- 09/16/15--11:33: Accidental use of weed killer damages football field
Pre-emergent herbicides are the foundation of any weed management program. They aim to prevent weeds from getting established, rather than attempting to control them after they’ve taken over.
“In general, pre-emergents inhibit root development,” says Peter Landschoot, Ph.D., professor of turfgrass science at Penn State University. “They’re designed to stay on the surface of the soil [...]
A scientific report out of Europe has found that neonicotinoids, a group of pesticides believed to contribute to the mass death of honeybees and widely used in the United States, could be more damaging to ecosystems that previously thought. Neonicotinoids have been banned in the EU since 2013, and the European Academies Science Advisory Council report [...]
A new partnership between Bayer CropScience (Bayer) and Integrated Vegetation Management Partners (IVM Partners) is aimed at improving pollinator and wildlife habitats on public rights-of-way across eight states. Bayer has invested more than $100,000 in the project, which includes the implementation of integrated vegetation management practices such as reducing or eliminating mowing, applying selective herbicides [...]
A university in Northwestern Ohio is suing a landscaping company in order to collect $25,000 in damages from the company’s insurance company, which has refused to cover all of the school’s costs for replacing lawn that was incorrectly treated with herbicide last year.
The University of Findlay, located about 40 miles south of Toledo, told the [...]
Turf professionals shopping for a sedge-control product may want to check out a new rebate offer from FMC, maker of Dismiss brand herbicides. From now through August 15, the company is offering instant rebates on Dismiss South, Dismiss CA and both sizes of Dismiss.
The discounts breakdown like this: $12.50 on each half-gallon jug of Dismiss [...]
FMC has introduced a new water-soluble liquid herbicide formulation, Solitare WSL, which the company says increases application efficiency while controlling more than 40 weeds. The new Solitare formulation contains a surfactant for faster plant penetration and does not settle out or separate when mixed with water.
Designed to combat crabgrass, sedges and broadleaf weeds in a single [...]
Storing pesticides properly is imperative to ensure safety, but did you know proper storage also helps maintain the effectiveness of the product? Extending the shelf life of pesticides through recommended storage methods can save your landscaping business money while helping protect the health and safety of children, animals and the environment.
Here are some tips on [...]
Six years after a planned residential development near Tallassee, Alabama, stalled – slipping into foreclosure before the first house was built – major erosion at the site attracted the attention of state environmental officials. Eventually, the Alabama Department of Environmental Management compelled the owner of the 2.7-acre tract to take action to prevent the site [...]
Japanese beetles begin to make their appearance at this time of year. Landscapers should be on the lookout for the voracious feeders, which are known to go after more than 320 plant species, including roses, birch, linden, grapes, raspberries, Norway maples, beans, apples, plum, crabapples, elms, beech, asparagus and rhubarb.
The beetles, typically about a half-inch [...]
Dr. Jacqueline Applegate, a longtime executive with Bayer, has been named head of the corporation’s Environmental Science unit, the non-agricultural business operations division of Bayer CropScience. The Environmental Science unit includes a wide range of weed- and pest-control products marketed to professional landscaping companies as well as consumers.
Applegate, who will be based at the unit’s [...]
The Ecological Landscape Alliance will play host to a workshop on chemical-free strategies for invasive plant control on July 29 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. at The Garden in the Woods in Framingham, Massachusetts. The cost is $30 for ELA members and $40 for non-members.
Several different speakers will discuss their experience with non-chemical removal [...]
The beloved bedding impatiens are slowly making a comeback from the downy mildew that hit them hard four years ago. At the time, the colorful flowers were effectively eliminated as an option for landscapers looking for shade-loving, springtime plants.
Home Depot and other nurseries have begun to stock the plant, but customers are warned they are [...]
The Environmental Science division of Bayer CropScience has named Glenn Rougier as head of marketing for the North American turf and ornamentals (T&O) business. In his new role, Rougier is responsible for driving innovation, portfolio development, communications and customer programs.
“Glenn brings a wealth of unique insights and experiences,” said Mark Schneid, chief marketing officer of [...]
A landscaping company from Rockville, Maryland, is being sued for $55,000 by an Oregon man who says he was sprayed with pesticides by one of the company’s workers while sitting at an outdoor café on July 18, 2013.
According to The Oregonian, Dennis Delano filed the suit in Multnomah County Circuit Court last week. Delano [...]
The largest U.S. agricultural and environmental soil testing network, Laboratory Management Partners, is changing its name to Waypoint Analytical.
The new name represents a destination point, the company says, and a desire to be unique in the independent laboratory industry. Because the company is the parent corporation of numerous laboratories, several of which have operated under [...]
Ecolawn Applicator is introducing three new products for landscaping professionals. Since 1994, when landscaper Daniel Cote decided to design a self-propelled top dresser and compost spreader – the product that became the Eco 100 – Ecolawn equipment has become a common sight on landscaping jobs throughout the United States.
The popularity of the company’s Eco 100, [...]
Vestaron, a developer of insect-control products derived from naturally occurring peptides, recently introduced Spear-T, a bio-insecticide for the control of thrips and whiteflies in ornamentals and vegetables in greenhouses.
Field trials of Spear-T produced results equivalent or superior to conventional chemicals, according to Vestaron. The product is designed to be non-toxic to humans and other mammals, [...]
Landscape professionals have a new, free resource at their disposal, as Environmental Science, a division of Bayer CropScience, has released the “Bayer Turf Solutions Guide.” The guide is specifically designed to answer the toughest problems affecting lawn-care professionals.
The publication provides concise information on the identification, biology and key cultural and chemical controls for the most [...]
With an additional round of financing in hand, agricultural technology company Cool Planet has hired an executive to oversee further development and marketing of “CoolTerra,” a soil amendment that saves water and fertilizer, as well as sequestering carbon, according to a news release from the Colorado-based company.
As Cool Planet’s newest manager, James Loar will lead [...]
A high school football team is now having to decide where to relocate their Friday football game after their field was damaged from the accidental use of weed killer instead of fertilizer.
“The company we have for maintaining our field mistakenly put down a weed killer instead of fertilizer and a portion of the grass on [...]