- RSS Channel Showcase 3546035
- RSS Channel Showcase 3449651
- RSS Channel Showcase 8655448
- RSS Channel Showcase 5911334
Articles on this Page
- 06/23/16--08:55: _Pesticide controver...
- 06/24/16--12:23: _Educational offerin...
- 07/11/16--14:18: _Target Specialty Pr...
- 07/11/16--14:45: _NALP holds 20th ann...
- 07/13/16--13:55: _In lobbying Congres...
- 07/22/16--12:59: _MarketResearch.com:...
- 07/27/16--14:25: _Products: Nature Sa...
- 08/02/16--14:21: _New research: Neoni...
- 08/15/16--13:39: _Pilot program launc...
- 08/26/16--12:12: _News roundup: Lands...
- 08/26/16--12:14: _Time fall fertilize...
- 08/30/16--12:35: _Firm predicts stron...
- 08/31/16--13:34: _Respiratory hazards...
- 09/01/16--12:06: _County’s aerial spr...
- 09/06/16--13:24: _STIHL introduces li...
- 06/23/16--08:55: Pesticide controversy often stems from faulty application
- 06/24/16--12:23: Educational offerings highlight upcoming Deep South Turf Expo
- 07/11/16--14:18: Target Specialty Products acquisition doubles distribution footprint
- 07/11/16--14:45: NALP holds 20th annual day of service at Arlington National Cemetery
- 07/13/16--13:55: In lobbying Congress, landscapers laud H-2B, take aim at EPA
- 07/27/16--14:25: Products: Nature Safe introduces concentrated organic fertilizer
- 08/02/16--14:21: New research: Neonics dramatically reduce male bees’ sperm count
- 08/15/16--13:39: Pilot program launched to protect Florida lagoon from lawn runoff
- 08/26/16--12:12: News roundup: Landscaper helps Salvation Army on day of service
- 08/26/16--12:14: Time fall fertilizer applications based on goals for specific turf
- 08/30/16--12:35: Firm predicts strong demand for outdoor pest-control devices
- 08/31/16--13:34: Respiratory hazards can lurk all over landscaping job sites
- 09/01/16--12:06: County’s aerial spraying for mosquitoes kills millions of bees
- 09/06/16--13:24: STIHL introduces liquid-only, high-capacity backpack sprayer
In recent years, pesticides have been making quite a splash across the news – and not in a good way. These chemical control methods have been blamed for every sort of evil imaginable, with the neonicotinoids labeled as the worst of the worst for harming bees. Yet, without these substances, the quality of life we […]
After the success of last year’s inaugural Deep South Turf Expo, which drew more than 700 turfgrass professionals, the event’s sponsors are expecting even bigger things this year. The 2016 expo is set for October 11-13 at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum & Convention Center in Biloxi. Go here to register. While the meeting is sponsored […]
Target Specialty Products says it has acquired Residex, the largest privately owned specialty chemical distribution business in the United States. With the acquisition – terms of which were not disclosed – Target Specialty Products doubled its market reach, expanding its footprint to the Midwest, Southeast and Northeast, and is now the second largest distributor of […]
A sea of bright neon vests gathered under a cloudless sky at Arlington National Cemetery this morning, as over 400 landscapers prepared to offer their skills as a tribute to those who paid the ultimate sacrifice. This marks the 20th year the National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP) has participated in Renewal and Remembrance. Every […]
After landscapers spent Monday working among the graves at Arlington National Cemetery, they crossed the Potomac to meet with members of Congress about industry issues on Tuesday. This year the National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP) instructed their members to address two key concerns: H-2B and pesticide regulations. Since the temporary worker program was introduced […]
From landscape lighting to concrete pavers, products related to outdoor living areas will continue to enjoy strong demand in the coming months, according to MarketResearch.com. Citing information from other firms’ more detailed reports, which it sells on its website, MarketResearch.com also says artificial turf is likely to “become more prevalent in some areas” of the […]
Nature Safe says it will focus attention at GIE+EXPO on its new 15-0-1 Hi-Sol Organic Nitrogen fertilizer. The landscaping industry trade show is Oct. 19-21 at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville. Listed with the Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) – a nonprofit organization that verifies companies’ claims that products are “organic” – 15-0-1 Hi-Sol […]
A study has revealed that two types of the controversial neonicotinoids – insecticide ingredients often referred to as “neonics” – have significant negative effects on male honeybees. Researchers from the University of Bern in Switzerland found that thiamethoxam and clothianidin reduced the number of living sperm in male honeybees by 39 percent compared with bees […]
In an effort to protect the Indian River Lagoon in Florida, Keep Brevard Beautiful is testing a program called Lagoon Friendly Lawns. The pilot program is similar to the Florida-Friendly Landscaping program, which encourages homeowners to use low-maintenance plants and environmentally sustainable practices. The Lagoon Friendly Lawns program is focused on preventing nutrient pollution like […]
Chapel Valley Landscape Co. recently donated landscaping material and services to the Salvation Army in support of an annual day of service sponsored by the Baltimore area chapter of the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA). Headquartered in Woodbine, Maryland, Chapel Valley is a commercial landscape management company that serves the Mid-Atlantic region as well […]
As summer begins to wind down, your mind may already be on snow removal or Christmas light installation services, but there is another important service you need to be offering clients at this time: winterizers. This application of fertilizer in the fall is key for both warm-season and cool-season grasses, though for different reasons. Warm-season […]
The worldwide market for home outdoor pest-control devices is likely to expand at a compound annual growth rate of nearly 5 percent between now and 2020, according to Technavio, a technology research company. The firm’s market research examined the revenue generated from sales of pest devices that control mosquitoes and other insects, as well as […]
When it comes to respiratory hazards, both the horticultural and construction sides of the landscaping business come into play. That’s because silica, which is among the most dangerous of these hazards, affects crews doing both kinds of work. Silica is among the most common of minerals and is found worldwide. According to the Center for […]
The precautionary measures that Dorchester County in South Carolina took against mosquitoes resulted in catastrophic casualties among honeybees there on Sunday. After the county received word from the Department of Health and Environmental Control about four confirmed travel-related cases of Zika virus in Summerville on Friday, it announced its plans to conduct an aerial spray […]
The new STIHL SR 430 gasoline-powered liquid-only backpack sprayer delivers a large spraying range, the manufacturer says, effectively reducing the time required to treat large areas. STIHL says the SR 430’s high-performance pressure pump provides a constant flow of product with no loss of pressure, regardless of the spray angle. While the engine is running, […]