- RSS Channel Showcase 5874460
- RSS Channel Showcase 1451170
- RSS Channel Showcase 6240072
- RSS Channel Showcase 4821124
Articles on this Page
- 09/16/15--11:49: _Intelligro targets ...
- 10/12/15--11:05: _Exemptions cushion ...
- 10/20/15--08:30: _Bayer CropScience p...
- 10/21/15--13:00: _Weed Man USA franch...
- 11/03/15--14:26: _Grass type determin...
- 11/10/15--07:38: _Vestaron’s Spear li...
- 11/11/15--11:01: _Floratine’s new par...
- 11/20/15--10:54: _Recent research ill...
- 12/09/15--12:43: _BioSafe study confi...
- 12/28/15--08:39: _EPA lifts bee toxic...
- 01/14/16--13:26: _Graham Spray Equipm...
- 01/21/16--09:31: _New soil conditione...
- 02/01/16--13:17: _Plants must have wa...
- 02/06/16--11:57: _Startup creates buz...
- 02/08/16--11:08: _Exmark Stand-On Spr...
- 02/10/16--11:04: _Conestoga says spre...
- 02/11/16--10:00: _BioSafe Systems par...
- 02/12/16--11:28: _AmericanHort cheers...
- 02/19/16--12:43: _New ArborSystems pr...
- 03/09/16--13:38: _Landscapers launch ...
- 09/16/15--11:49: Intelligro targets lawn-care market with new herbicide
- 10/12/15--11:05: Exemptions cushion blow of ban on pesticides, herbicides
- 10/20/15--08:30: Bayer CropScience packing GIE+EXPO with experts
- 10/21/15--13:00: Weed Man USA franchisor nurtures relationships at GIE
- 11/03/15--14:26: Grass type determines fertilizer needed on lawns in the fall
- 11/10/15--07:38: Vestaron’s Spear line of bioinsecticides receives industry award
- 11/11/15--11:01: Floratine’s new partnership aimed at developing sports turf products
- 11/20/15--10:54: Recent research illustrates importance of rotating fungicides
- 12/09/15--12:43: BioSafe study confirms ZeroTol 2.0 is safe for bees
- 12/28/15--08:39: EPA lifts bee toxicity warning from Vestaron’s Spear Biopesticide
- 01/14/16--13:26: Graham Spray Equipment expands line of landscaping tools
- 01/21/16--09:31: New soil conditioner creates permanent benefits, Profile says
- 02/01/16--13:17: Plants must have water, but so must plant diseases
- 02/06/16--11:57: Startup creates buzz with unique delivery system: bees
- 02/08/16--11:08: Exmark Stand-On Spreader Sprayer wins engineering award
- 02/10/16--11:04: Conestoga says spreaders are right at home with salt, sand
- 02/11/16--10:00: BioSafe Systems partnership will boost Midwest distribution
- 02/12/16--11:28: AmericanHort cheers USDA funding for pest solutions
- 02/19/16--12:43: New ArborSystems product takes aim at emerald ash borer
- 03/09/16--13:38: Landscapers launch preemptive attacks with pre-emergent herbicides
Intelligro, a subsidiary of Suncor Energy, has introduced a hybrid selective herbicide for lawn-care and landscape professionals called Civitas WeedFree.
While the product should not be applied to Bentgrass or Floratam, a variety of St. Augustine grass, its patent-pending formula kills more than 60 broadleaf weeds, has no offensive odor and boasts a fast response rate.
In an action thought to be the first of its kind, Montgomery County, Maryland, has effectively banned the nonessential use of pesticides on both commercial and private property. The measure was approved in a 6-3 vote.
The county’s new regulation makes concessions for the use of pesticides to control invasive or noxious species and it also [...]
The Environmental Science division of Bayer CropScience will have plenty of experts on hand during GIE+EXPO, whether you’re interested in turf, plants or even the bees that help plants thrive.
The annual tradeshow begins with “Dealer Day” on Wednesday, then opens to all on Thursday and Friday. It will be held at the Kentucky Exposition Center [...]
As a senior executive of the Weed Man USA franchisor, Jennifer Lemcke has a predictably crowded schedule during GIE+EXPO. The landscaping industry tradeshow began today with a preview for dealers and formally kicks off Thursday for all industry participants. Co-located with Hardscape North America at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville, the show lasts through Friday.
With Halloween behind us, most people have mentally skipped ahead to Christmas and lawn care is the least of their concerns. Nonetheless, now is the time to remind your clients about winterization.
There are lots of myths about winterizing and what type of fertilizer is actually the best for grass. There are actually two different sets [...]
Vestaron’s bioinsecticide technology won a top award at a recent international biopesticide industry conference in Basel, Switzerland, the company announced, noting that its product entry was chosen unanimously by the judges over 12 other companies’ submissions.
Presented at the ABIM Congress, the inaugural Bernard Blum Award for Novel Biocontrol Solutions, was created to recognize innovations that [...]
Floratine Products Group, which makes foliar and soil-based turf nutritional products, has entered a partnership with Growing Innovations, a consulting firm specializing in natural grass management, to develop new products and services specifically for the sports turf industry.
Floratine Products said the collaboration will capitalize on its product development and manufacturing capabilities and Growing Innovations’ expertise [...]
A study conducted by the University of Florida Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences (UF/IFAS) has revealed that the plant pathogen phytophthora is resistant to the fungicide mefenoxam.
The water mold known as phytophthora infects almost any ornamental plant, from landscape trees to small indoor plants, and causes millions of dollars in damage yearly. The same [...]
BioSafe Systems, a maker of biodegradable disease and pest control products for landscapers and other horticultural markets, announced recently that it has confirmed its bactericide, ZeroTol 2.0, is not contributing to the collapse of honey bee colonies.
Colony collapse among honey bees has become a major concern in recent years. Exposure to pesticides has been suspected [...]
Vestaron Corp., a developer of peptide-based insecticides, has received approval from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to remove the bee toxicity warning statement from the company’s Spear Biopesticide label following a review.
Vestaron says removal of the toxicity statement was supported by third-party topical and feeding evaluations that show Spear neither increases mortality nor has [...]
Landscape contractors know Graham Spray Equipment as a provider of custom spray rigs, which are used in lawn and tree care as well as pest control and agricultural applications, but the company also sells tools – and that lesser-known side of the business is expanding in 2016.
Graham Spray Equipment is adding a professional tiller, aerator [...]
Profile Products has introduced an all-natural, porous ceramic conditioner that it says will permanently modify soil structure and improve growing conditions. Called Profile Lawn & Landscape, the product is recommended for yards, beds and containers.
Profile says the soil amendment can help landscape architects ensure new projects have the best chance of becoming established while contributing [...]
Abundant rain sounds like a great thing, especially in drought-stricken California, but El Nino can bring too much of a good thing.
Heavy rains that don’t stop often mean floods; they also mean increased risks of plants’ contracting a disease. Waterlogged roots are never a good thing and for certain species they spell death by root [...]
Pollinators help out the environment a lot, but one Canadian startup has found a new way that bees can aid in plant health.
Bee Vectoring Technologies’ goal is to target the market for pesticides and fertilizers with a biopesticide that is spread by, you guessed it, bees.
BVT uses a hive of bumblebees that is designed so [...]
The American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE) has named the Exmark Stand-On Spreader Sprayer winner of a 2016 AE50 award. The award will be presented to Exmark representatives in a ceremony this week at the ASABE Agricultural Equipment Technology Conference (AETC) in Louisville, Kentucky.
AE50 awards honor the year’s most innovative designs in engineering [...]
At this time of year, the maker of Conestoga spreaders is eager to remind landscape contractors its products aren’t just for fertilizer. Conestoga Manufacturing’s drop spreaders are ideal for distributing salt and sand, the company says, as well as lime, fertilizer and similar material.
Conestoga offers stainless steel drop spreaders in three models. The DSC-4800 has [...]
BioSafe Systems, a producer of pest and disease control products for the landscaping and horticultural industries, among others, has entered a strategic partnership with Leader Logistics Group.
Before year’s end, Coldwater, Michigan-based Leader Logistics will begin manufacturing, warehousing and shipping products for BioSafe Systems throughout the Midwest. BioSafe Systems is headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut.
“This partnership [...]
AmericanHort wasted no time in praising Thursday’s announcement by the U.S. Department of Agriculture that it was allocating $58 million from the 2014 farm bill to fight plant pests and diseases. The money will go to a variety of projects across the country.
“For many years, the farm bill has been about row crops and livestock, [...]
Pesticide producers have been working for years to come up with new and better ways to eliminate the exotic beetle known as the emerald ash borer. And no wonder: the insect has killed hundreds of millions of ash trees in North America since it was found in Michigan 14 years ago. Scientists believe it traveled [...]
Being proactive is always preferred over responding after a problem appears, and this is why applying pre-emergent herbicides is such an important feature of any lawn-care provider’s business. No one wants weeds in their yard, and the best way to go about eliminating them is to prevent them from growing in the first place. This […]